Monday, January 18, 2010

Day Twelve, January 17th, 2010




My husband cracks me up. Now that we are empty nesters, he has gotten used to having all my attention devoted to him! Poor man, he waited 38 years for the last little bird to leave the nest so he could jump back in his spot! Very patient so he is. Well, today, we were planning a big exciting trip to Lowes when my daughter called. I was chit chatting for a while and he was kind of giving me "the look" like he wanted me to get off the phone. I said, you can go without me if you want. I knew what his answer would be, because these days he doesn't want to go anywhere or do anything without me. He says he is lonely and he misses me! Hey, we even moved the computer back upstairs so I can be a little closer to him while I am playing bejeweled blitz and tracking everyone's updates on Facebook. I told my daughter I better go because Dad gets lonely and wants me to go with him to the store. He said, "yea, your mother is my arm candy!" Arm Candy! I am still laughing!!!

3 comments:

MBee said...

You guys are so cute :) Who do you cook for now that it's just the two of you?!

Ellen said...

Thanks Maribeth! My cooking has really slowed down, I hold out hope for the Fortune Buffet or the 24" pie from Bruno's in Farmingdale!

raysheldon said...

I'm looking forward to the day when MJ and I can spend our days together again. With the kids and activities we are always going in different directions. The only downside to that is it will mean the kids and their activities are gone!