Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day One, Choosing to be Happy!

January 6th, 2010

Music. Today, I decided to turn on the music on my computer. I have not had it on for months. I always used to play classical music while I was working because the music was calming but not distracting. It was just a lilting sort of background which makes me feel professional and productive. It also brings back memories. When we were kids, my father had a victrola (record player) and lots of records. Many Sundays he would play the records because in those days there was little on TV or much to do. With our parents gone, I still have tons of records stashed in the basement. When my kids were little, I loved to play Beethoven's pastoral symphony and we would pretend we were ice skating in our socks on the wooden floors. Thinking of that today, and listening to my music at work, is making me smile. Day one, choosing to be happy, success.

4 comments:

The Tote Trove said...

Very good project idea. Today I got my dose of happy from my outfit. I'm wearing hot pink tights and a hot pink scarf that my sister got me for Christmas with a purple and gray plaid skirt and silver bow belt and black flower applique cardigan that my mom got me. They got me a bunch of different accessories and clothes, and I've been having fun mixing them together! I'll be sure to follow your blog for your daily happy doses!

Shannon said...

I always loved waking up to the classical music at your house!

Ellen said...

Everybody, hurry up, go to the Tote Trove and see her own expression of happy in response to my day one challenge!

www.thetotetrove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I visited the Tote Trove and I must say..LOVE the outfit! It made me happy just looking at it!